This convention is organised by a committee of the Western Australian Science Fiction Foundation Inc. (WASFF). Members must obey these rules.
- Apply common sense. If you don’t have any, come back when you do.
- Be respectful, considerate and polite. Don’t be rude, disruptive, intolerant, aggressive or offensive. Respect other guests’ rights to enjoyment and privacy
- Harassment of any kind is unacceptable.
- Wear your badge at all times.
- Do not break the law. If it is illegal outside the convention, it is illegal inside the convention.
- Dress appropriately, including appropriate footwear. Nudity is not a costume.
- Children remain the responsibility of a responsible adult member of the convention. Children under the age of 12 must remain under the direct care of a responsible adult. Children are not permitted at any events designated ‘adults only’.
- The convention area is not for sleeping.
- Weapons are not permitted unless authorised by the committee. Replica weapons, for costumes, must be peace-bound (tied into a scabbard or holster) and must be presented to the committee for inspection.
- Do not bring in outside food to the convention area or dining area of the hotel.
- If you make a mess or have rubbish, use the bins provided to clean it up.
- Merchandise is only to be sold in designated dealers areas, and must be legitimate (no bootlegs).
- Photography is permitted in public assemblies (more than 6 people), unless directed otherwise by a committee member. Photographers must obtain the permission of individuals or small groups (6 or less people) to photograph them.
- Obey legitimate directions of venue staff, committee members and WASFF board members.
- HAVE FUN. Come back next year!
Breaches of the rules may result in refusal of membership, revocation of membership or expulsion from the convention.
The registration desk can solve many, but not all problems. If they can’t help directly, they can refer you to a committee member.
Serious complaints can be directed to the committee convenor or the WASFF chairperson.
Enter and Participate at You Own Risk
WASFF and the convention organising committee will try to ensure you have a good time and your well being is cared for, but we provide no guarantees. The convention is ‘as is’. WASFF, its officers and volunteers will not accept liability for any harm that may come to you or your property. By attending you waive the right to make any claim against WASFF, its officer and volunteers for any injury or harm caused to you or your property.